Tropical Light, an outdoor exhibition by world renowned artist Bruce Munro, will take place from 1 November until 30 April during Darwin's Tropical Summer.
Featuring eight illuminated sculptures across Darwin's CBD, the outdoor exhibition reflects the artist's personal history of visiting the Northern Territory.
Bruce Munro, who became an Australian citizen in 1990, has always been inspired by Australia’s natural light and landscape.
The collection of illuminated sculptures is connected by a self-guided path featuring works from six local Darwin artists, creating a 2.5 km trail of art experiences.
Each piece is intended to inspire interest during the day and hold special significance when illuminated at night.
An initiative of the Northern Territory Government, Tropical Light is free to attend.
- Exhibition accessible by public transport
- Venue is accessible with pathways and level access
- Wayfinding directions throughout exhibition path
- Access to public bathrooms along exhibition path
- Audio tour available for exhibition
- Easy to read signage at each sculpture location
- Rest and quiet zones to sit undercover