Immerse yourself in Darwin's Tropical Summer and visit Tropical Light, a world-class exhibition by internationally renowned artist Bruce Munro. Running from 1 November 2019 until 30 April 2020.
Featuring eight illuminated sculptures across Darwin's CBD, the free, outdoor exhibition reflects the artist's personal history of visiting the Northern Territory.
Bruce Munro, who became an Australian citizen in 1990, has always been inspired by Australia’s natural light and landscape.
The collection of illuminated sculptures is connected by a self-guided path featuring works from five local Darwin artists, creating a 2.5 km trail of art experiences and immersion.
Each piece is intended to inspire interest during the day and hold special significance when illuminated at night from 7pm - 10pm.
An initiative of the Northern Territory Government, Bruce Munro: Tropical Light is free to attend.
- Exhibition accessible by public transport
- Venue is accessible with pathways and level access
- Wayfinder directions throughout exhibition path
- Access to public bathrooms along exhibition path
- Audio App tour available for exhibition
- Easy to read signage at each sculpture location
- Rest and quiet zones to sit undercover